To encourage, equip and empower women & their families to live healthy and free lives.
At House of Hope we are free to be transparent. We welcome the honest, truest version of one another. We feel what we feel without apology. We express our feelings and views with humility, grace, and respect. We talk about the hard things we’re facing- situations, fears, doubts, hurts, and lies- and we bring them into the light. We give each other and ourselves permission to be in process. We accept and celebrate who God made us to be, and we let Him define our identity and value.
At House of Hope we steward relationships well. We cultivate a heart of inclusivity with no us and them. We reach out and invite in. We look deeply and listen closely with the eyes and ears of Jesus. We release Jesus to move through us beyond our preferences and comfort zones. We trust Jesus in each other, assuming the best of each other. We pay attention to little resentments, places of confusion, and areas of tension, and we bring them into the light for resolution and healing. We share our stories, our laughter, our tears, and our lives.
Surrender to Jesus
At House of Hope, we submit to the authority and glory of Jesus. We lay down our agenda and let Him set the pace. We worship, pray, listen, and obey. We listen with humility to Jesus in each other. As we abide in Jesus, we put our trust fully in His goodness, faithfulness, and power. We crucify our self-reliance and look to Him as sole provider of all of our needs. We embrace our neediness, which allows God to move in His strength and faithfulness. We carry His presence boldly. We take risks. We live a life of joyful expectancy.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the divinely inspired and the only infallible, inerrant and authoritative word of God (II Timothy 3:16, Romans 15:4, II Peter 1:20-21).
- We believe that there is one God, infinitely perfect and eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Romans 5:5, John 1:1-3, 14).
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in his virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory (John 10:30, II Corinthians 5:21, John 21:24-25, Acts 1:9, Mark 16:19, Luke 24:6-7, Revelation 19:11-16).
- We believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of lost and sinful men (Titus 3:5, Romans 12:2, John 3:5-6).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (II Thessalonians 3:13, I Peter 1:2, Ephesians 3:14-20).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, no matter to which Bible-believing church they belong, ever seeking together to become more and more in every way like Christ who is the head of His body, the church. (Ephesians 3:1-15, 1 Corinthians 12:13, Galatians 3:28).
- We believe that salvation is entirely by grace, through one’s personal faith in the person and finished work of Jesus Christ upon the cross (Ephesians 2:8-9)